BACKUP & DISASTER RECOVERY
Ensure Your Data Is Protected And Accessible In Event Of A Failure
Getting a backup solution “right” is hard… Making Disaster Recovery work even more difficult. Throw in cloud, on-premise, and a multitude of networking options, you add a level of complexity that most don’t even think about.
Backups are like insurance, you can purchase just enough to get by, or you can provide a policy to ensure that everyone is taken care of with minimal effort.
Figuring out “What should I do”? The only quick and easy answer is, it depends. Have a proper assessment done to evaluate your environment. Everything Else, really depends on what your trying to accomplish and why
DATA BACKUP & RECOVERY /
Is your company prepared for a natural disaster, security breach, or system failure that wipes out access to your company’s data — temporarily or permanently? What about ransomeware? Are your critical business data and applications backed up in a way that would support recovery if a lightning strike, aging server, or malware attack strikes your business?
neteffect technologies provides fully integrated Backup and Recovery solutions that meet your budget and level of risk. We offer everything from simple hard drive data backup systems and virtual computers, to virtual servers and remote backups at secure colocation data centers. More small businesses are moving their data, apps and other digital resources to the cloud. However, considering the rising number of cyberthreats directed at cloud use and their potential impact on small companies, putting a solid disaster recovery plan in place should be a critical component of any business continuity plan.
Experts predict that by 2020, 78% of small to mid-sized businesses (SMBs) will use the cloud to back up their data. Unfortunately, many small businesses will incur a devastating blow since 58% do not have a plan in place to deal with data loss and 60% of companies that experience a loss of data shut down within six months.
neteffect technologies provides a range of Backup and Disaster Recovery solutions to meet your budget and provide a comfortable level of risk your willing to take. We offer everything from simple hard drive data backup systems to continuous data protection located on fully redundant virtual servers at secure data centers. More small businesses are moving their data, apps and other digital resources to the cloud. However, considering the rising number of cyber threats directed at cloud use and their potential impact on small companies, putting a solid disaster recovery plan in place should be a critical component of any small business cybersecurity plan.
Disaster Recovery Requires Planning
The best defense against data risk is a robust business continuity/disaster recovery (BDR) plan that minimizes downtime and allows business’ to continue operations as soon as possible. This should provide for risks to both physical network and cloud infrastructure to minimize the impact to business continuity. Depending on the size of the company, the BDR should include:
- An impact analysis to determine network vulnerability and potential impact of a disaster on the business.
- A network analysis to assess and map on-site and cloud-based systems.
- Backup and recovery location designation, including hard-drive backup systems, remote colocation backups, as well as virtual computers and servers.
- Automated, high-frequency backups.
- The creation and implementation of a BDR protocol that details the full BDR strategy, including a realistic disaster recovery plan.
- Employee education on BDR protocol and disaster recovery plans.
- neteffect technologies can help you develop and execute a BDR strategy that meets your needs, whether on premises or as-a-service. As a Fortinet partner, neteffect can deliver the advantages of a security fabric approach for integrated network protection that minimizes the potential for disaster by providing you with end-to-end, consolidated next-generation cybersecurity.