Simplify accessibility, maintenance, and troubleshooting.
Remote Desktop Services enable users and IT administrators to securely access and control a computer’s files, applications, and network resources from a remote location, just as if they were sitting right in front of that PC. It’s considered one of the most valuable IT services available to businesses for many reasons, including:
- Application installation, maintenance, repairs, troubleshooting, and upgrades are simpler and less expensive, as IT can perform maintenance across the network without traveling to different machines or locations.
- Because software is installed on a host server machine, companies can often consolidate software licenses while still ensuring that employees can access the tools they need to do business, in or out of the office.
- Remote desktop services also help control hardware costs. The host computer does the heavy lifting, so remote users’ hardware has far lower requirements and, therefore, is less expensive.
- Employees are no longer tethered to the office PC. Because they can access their applications and data remotely, they are free to work in the office, at home, in a client’s location, or on the road, without manually transferring files back and forth. This generally leads to happier and more productive employees.
- Remote Desktop Services increase your business’ mobility. Because Remote Desktop Client users directly use the host system environment, when they move between machines and locations, they can pick up seamlessly where they left off, with all the same windows, applications, and files open, ready for them to jump back into work.
In an increasingly connected business world, employees, clients, and partners can be located anywhere in the world. Having the ability to do business conveniently without being tied to a desk during normal business hours is a powerful tool.